Technology marches on! And yet, for many businesses technology upgrades are low on their priority list. But the office copier is a vital piece of office equipment; and with the introduction of multifunction printers, they have become the hub of the office environment where employees rely on them daily for their printing, copying, faxing and scanning needs. To keep your office running smoothly, it’s important that this piece of office technology stays in tip top shape and continues to meet your needs.
Here are some clear indicators that it might be time to upgrade your copier:
- Is It Meeting Your Business Goals? – Is your copier helping you, or holding you back? Older machines can break down causing bottlenecks and lost productivity. New models offer a host of features like Xerox’s line of apps for their i-Series MFPs that are designed to help your business grow.
- Lower Cost and Increased Efficiency – A new copier can have a lower total cost of operation than older models. Newer machines offer savings on energy and consumables, can increase productivity, and the quality has improved immensely so you can save money by taking outsourced jobs back in-house!
- Aging Machines – If your machine is five-years old you’re probably spending more than you should be on repairs and maintenance. At ten years, the total cost of operation can outweigh the cost of a new feature rich machine.
- Frequent Repairs – Are you on a first name basis with your copier repair guy? If so, it’s probably time to upgrade. Repairs can keep your old machine running, but the lost productivity from downtime and cost of operation can take a toll on your team.
- Security –Today, security should be a concern for every business regardless of size. If your current copier doesn’t meet your security needs, new technology offers encrypted hard drives, and password only access. Protections that will keep your data safe!
- Does It Support Mobile? – With today’s growing mobile workforce this is a must for most businesses. Many older devices simply cannot support mobile technology.
Look into the potential savings and new features today’s copier technology offers. It’s no longer a question of unnecessary expense, but a vital addition for cutting costs and increasing productivity. Compare new technology against your business goals, productivity and operational needs to decide if an upgrade is right for you.
Have you ever wondered how your office printing practices compare to other small businesses? Take our SMB Office Challenge today and find out! You’ll also receive a FREE copy of our 2016 Office Print Policy Guide full of money-saving best practices!