Business travel can really hinder your productivity, taking you out of your normal routine – but it doesn’t have to. These tips can help you make the most of your next business trip.
- Prepare your devices. You don’t want to get to your destination to find that you left something important behind. Make a list of everything you may need, including spare batteries, chargers, cables, and peripherals. Be sure to charge everything before you leave so you have plenty of power to start the trip with.
- Prepare your documents. With cloud storage, there’s no reason to endure the hassle, or risk the security breach, that comes with carrying paperwork or storing many files on your devices. Scan paper documents and transfer as much as possible to the cloud for easy access anywhere. Also delete any unnecessary files from your devices and back up anything important in case your device is lost, stolen, or broken.
- Know your hotel. You’ll want to choose a hotel with amenities that cater to business travelers, such as free Wi-Fi, a business center, and a work area in your room. Staying in the same hotel chain each time can help ensure you’ll get consistent service – and the loyalty programs can help you score some extra perks to make your trip easier.
- Take care of yourself. Jet lag and fast food can really slow you down. Make sure to get plenty of rest, say hydrated, and try to eat balanced meals while on your trip. If possible, schedule some downtime to relax, too.
- Use apps. Mobile apps can help you be more organized and productive than ever before. The Xerox Mobile Link App can help you deal with your paperwork on the road, scanning, faxing, and storing it so you don’t have to carry it home. The Xerox Web Capture tool can also help by automatically transferring paper documents to other apps so you can get your work done. Also, a mobile print solution will help you find a printer on the go, and print your necessary documents securely.
Business trips are important, but can set you back on your schedule. Preparing carefully for your trip and taking advantage of new mobile apps can help keep you going and make the most of your business trip. To learn more contact Digital Business Systems today!